• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

The Many Faces of James Bond (Part 2)

Great choice of images @AndyC, like how you seem to have chosen the most Bond-looking images for each of the actors. Particularly Van Dyke and Gibson, the latter looks like a behind-the-scenes shot from an ATL version of The Living Daylights.

Some more media on some of the actors profiled in this article being very Bond.

Adam West as "Agent Q" in an advert from Nesquick, this is actually what landed him the role on Batman. Can really picture Moore doing something like this.

And here's James Brolin's screen test for the role in the traditional From Russia with Love scene they use for auditions, opposite Maud Adams who would go on to play the title role in Octopussy.

Fast forward a decade [from Moore replacing Connery], and the Bond series found itself in a similar situation with the departure of Sean Connery.

Shurely shome mishtake?

Very much enjoying these little delves into different Bonds, and same Bonds at different times.

Fast forward a decade [from Moore replacing Connery], and the Bond series found itself in a similar situation with the departure of Sean Connery.

Shurely shome mishtake?

Yes, but I don't know if it should be "as the departure of Sean Connery" or "with the departure of Roger Moore", or if I'm being clever obliquely referencing Never Say Never Again!

Probably not the last one.

Very much enjoying these little delves into different Bonds, and same Bonds at different times.

Thanks, stay tuned for more of both on Boxing Day!

Yes, but I don't know if it should be "as the departure of Sean Connery" or "with the departure of Roger Moore", or if I'm being clever obliquely referencing Never Say Never Again!

Probably not the last one.

Thanks, stay tuned for more of both on Boxing Day!
It reads like the bolded should be Roger Moore.

That being said, it took me three read theoughs to decide. The first time, I thought it should say Moore, the second, I wondered whether you were being a clever dick and referencing NSNA obliquely. On the third pass, I returned to the first interpretation.

Also, when you do reference NSNA, there's no nod and wink back to your leetle joke.

Last edited:
Back