• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

The Many Faces of James Bond (Part 1)

You mean 1981, of course.

Nope, he returned in 1971 for Diamonds Are Forever after being away for one film.

And even if Never Say Never Again was included mentioned in a description of the EON series that was would be 1983.

Nope, he returned in 1971 for Diamonds Are Forever after being away for one film.

And even if Never Say Never Again was included mentioned in a description of the EON series that was would be 1983.
Sorry, my bad.

Got the OTL chronology a bit mixed up.

I still think it's one of those great shames that Connery wasn't in a position to be able to the Groundskeeper role in Skyfall. Not just because of the probable reason why, but also because it was so obviously written with him in mind and really would have made a magnificent little turn of the series mythology.

[ahem]
"We had an increasingly old looking Roger Moore returning again for Octopussy and You Only Live Twice."
Did he? I could have sworn that You Only Live Twice was a Sean Connery Bond from 1967...
I think you meant A View to a Kill, Ryan.

[ahem]
"We had an increasingly old looking Roger Moore returning again for Octopussy and You Only Live Twice."
Did he? I could have sworn that You Only Live Twice was a Sean Connery Bond from 1967...
I think you meant A View to a Kill, Ryan.

Well spotted!

@AndyC, as enticing an idea as Roger Moore in a Japanese bathhouse is can we correct this to reflect known history.

With a heavy heart, because that would have been a fun movie, amendment made :)
Perhaps that can be part of another article; What if Roger was chosen rather than Sean to play Bond in Dr. No?
Project the series forwards from there.

Also, the word for this type of Bath house is Sentõ (the accent should be straight, don't zen garden me).

Perhaps that can be part of another article; What if Roger was chosen rather than Sean to play Bond in Dr. No?
Project the series forwards from there.

Also, the word for this type of Bath house is Sentõ (the accent should be straight, don't zen garden me).

Was very disappointed when I used one recently that it was not quite what You Only Live Twice showed.

I did think about doing Moore from the start as this does seem to be spoken of from time to time as a possibility, but by admission from the man himself it was never the case.

Though one covering the other choices for first Bond might be a good one...

Back