• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Sea Lion Press Goodreads list

Hello, everyone!

I have decided to create a chronological list (the same as the one on the Sea Lion Press website) of all Sea Lion Press titles on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/139172.Sea_Lion_Press

I wanted to have all of the titles in one place.

The list is currently (31st of October 2019) updated to include all of the titles up to the last official batch, with the exception of @Tabac Iberez "Night over the Bosporus", which is not on Goodreads. As the next batch is close to release, I wanted to ask who is responsible for adding the titles to the Goodreads database (a specific person, the authors themselves, or whoever wishes to) and, if the last of these is the case, if I could add the title myself. "A Century Turns" by the same author is already on the site.

I would also like to mention that there are issues with duplicates for the "Lectern" series.

I hope that this list will be useful and I apologise if this post is not in its proper place.

Thanks for putting this together! One note: the cover image for Kansas Troubles is an earlier, incorrect version; the correct image is shown on Amazon (link here), but the Goodreads page for the book may not have been updated.

I wanted to ask who is responsible for adding the titles to the Goodreads database (a specific person, the authors themselves, or whoever wishes to) and, if the last of these is the case, if I could add the title myself.

The books can be added by anyone. I add my own myself, mostly because I usually have the details (asin for ebook and isbn for paperback) before anybody else. Don't worry about replicas, each book can only be added once because those numbers are unique and anybody trying to add it again will be told it already exists.

Thanks for putting this together! One note: the cover image for Kansas Troubles is an earlier, incorrect version; the correct image is shown on Amazon (link here), but the Goodreads page for the book may not have been updated.
This is a sticky question on Amazon EDIT - GOODREADS. You can't delete cover images, GR won't allow you, especially if the book has been on sale with that cover - people have a version with that cover so it "exists" and can't be deleted. The best thing to do is to add an "alternate cover version", I believe it is called. You click that option, make sure the details are correct, and add the new cover. You then have the option to make it the "primary version" which means that it will show up in your author list as the correct cover and anyone searching will see that version first.

Last edited:
The perils of having a common name - someone (or perhaps just a program) has attributed my books to the wrong Tom Anderson. I have contacted Goodreads to ask if they can change this.
Wow, Goodreads not only responded quickly but they set up an author page for me and explained how to avoid this happening in future. Serious props to their support team.

Fabulous idea and fabulous work, that man! Currently keying up a review for "Reds!". I notice there is an "alternate cover version" for "The Plague Policeman".

Just keyed up and published a long rambling review of "Reds! A Revolutionary Timeline" on Goodreads. Now, if you'll excuse me, I really need to start folding clothes in to a suitcase.

I am very glad that the list has been helpful. Thanks, everyone! Seeing this list linked on the Facebook page was the last thing I expected when I opened it today.

I am a bit surprised that there aren't as many people using Goodreads. It's a useful site with a wonderful community.

The list is fully updated to the latest batch.

I am very glad that the list has been helpful. Thanks, everyone! Seeing this list linked on the Facebook page was the last thing I expected when I opened it today.

I am a bit surprised that there aren't as many people using Goodreads. It's a useful site with a wonderful community.

The list is fully updated to the latest batch.
Thank you - I didn't know if it would be appropriate to use your username when saying it up, so I just said 'a forum user', I hope that's OK.

Back