• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

NEW RELEASES: Three new books for September

First, my thanks to SLP for accepting and publishing The Smithtown Unit. It's the kind of unambiguous "Men's Adventure" cheap thriller that's different from a lot of SLP books.

Second, glad to hear you're picking up the publishing pace.

Two down, three to go. I still wish we could get more cover detail on the covers though: the old mosques of Istanbul have some absolutely wonderful detail-work in them. I'm just kinda sad I had to send a reference of the Selimye since I couldn't find a reference of the real deal.

@Tabac Iberez I feel the same on the covers, though the basic design work on all three is still fantastic. Only quibbles I found with mine were the U.S. flag looks to be positioned the wrong way, and the "Stainless Banner" (St. Andrew's Cross version) is the most recognizable Confederate flag, rather than the older Stars and Bars, so I was under the impression that the former would be used. Do you know if covers can be updated after release?

Last edited:
@Tabac Iberez I feel the same on the covers, though the basic design work on all three is still fantastic. Only quibbles I found with mine were the U.S. flag looks to be positioned the wrong way, and the "Stainless Banner" (St. Andrew's Cross version) is the most recognizable Confederate flag, rather than the older Stars and Bars, so I was under the impression that the former would be used. Do you know if covers can be updated after release?
As ever, email me if you want to discuss SLP business.

Do you know if covers can be updated after release?

That's above my pay grade; that said if we ever do a re-release for something (Best of Sea Lion Press; 10 books for 40 quid as an idea) then compilation covers or something might be in the cards. It really depends on interest and a few other factors I don't want to bring up without shopping them around with SLP staff.

(Mandatory reminder: authors are contractors, not employees. Our reach is only as far as our influence on El Jefe does)

As ever, email me if you want to discuss SLP business.

Understood. I wasn't quite sure if design work or reworking should/could be discussed with admin, or directly with the illustrator; thank you for clearing this up.

Understood. I wasn't quite sure if design work or reworking should/could be discussed with admin, or directly with the illustrator; thank you for clearing this up.
No problem - drop me an email and we'll figure it out.

Back