• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alex's Comissions and Maps Thread

Here's Lincoln. Which apparently nobody had updated in a while but hey-ho.

New boundaries since 2015, but it's really much the same picture as before. The Lib Dems are getting back to being competitive to Carholme. Maybe we'll see a Third Party presence on the council within the next cycle.

Lincoln Over Time Shaded.png

Right, I may have just produced a couple of variations on Derbyshire using the border adjustments of the original 1972 Act before the amendments. Having carefully examined the accompanying map, it looks like Charlesworth was to be included with Glossop (which is logical) and Sheffield would have included all of Eckington and Killamarsh as well as Dronfield (ditto) but there was never any suggestion of including Sandiacre in Nottingham as well as Long Eaton (which is... less logical).

Taking Glossop, New Mills and Whaley Bridge out of High Peak utterly eviscerates the borough and drops the population to smaller than Buxton, so whatever happens the West Derbyshire (and I think it probably retains that name rather than being renamed Derbyshire Dales) district is going to annex the remnants. The first variation is having as few changes as possible- which basically just comes to transferring Unstone to Chesterfield becuase it's literally impossible to access from North East Derbyshire by road without Dronfield.

The second variation is an attempt at using the same considerations at a more radical change- Stavely is incorporated into NE Derbyshire rather than divide Chesterfield DRC and associated UDCs between Chesterfield borough and Bolsover, while a few more parishes are given to Erewash (or more likely South East Derbyshire) which ended up in South Derbyshire historically. The connection over the Derwent's a bit shit, but prior to the A50 the connection to Swarkestone and Melbourne was as well and this is more likely as a 'boost the population' than the Ilketon lebenrsaum suggestions. Ideally I'd have just gone with 'Spondon stays in SEDRDC' as the solution, but that predated the bill.

(@Ares96)

Derbyshire 1974 Alt.png

I thought id ask this here, as it is about Maps etc. Would there be any interest in any map/city building, map games? If so, where would be the most appropriate place to post them?

I thought id ask this here, as it is about Maps etc. Would there be any interest in any man/city building, map games? If so, where would be the most appropriate place to post them?

I'd be game for a city building game. Contributed a little on the old place to stuff like that.

So yeah, I'd basically just start a new thread in this forum with the proposed starting base and see how it goes. Drop an advertisement in the pub thread as well.

Progress report @Thande. Did you say you wanted railways? And I can't remember what the war is referred to.
Nice work Alex. I've never planned where the railways are, so it's probably better not to show them at all to save contradicting ourselves.

It's the Great American War, and if it's meant to be just before the outbreak, the year would be 1849.

edit: Oh, and could we add the Great Dismal Swamp?

Nice work Alex. I've never planned where the railways are, so it's probably better not to show them at all to save contradicting ourselves.

It's the Great American War, and if it's meant to be just before the outbreak, the year would be 1849.

edit: Oh, and could we add the Great Dismal Swamp?

Easy enough to do yes. Do you want an approximate area indication or just a label?

One of those dotted line outline things would be good, though I'm sure some expert will tell us it was different back then.

et voila.

Oh god I'm in love with this new laptop. I literally was just like 'oh I'll review the exported file, no that line should be in Italics' and had it changed and re-exported in less than 30 seconds.

That used to be a 'euuurgh' moment.

LTTW SLP IV 1.png

@Alex Richards I have some additions and some small changes which I'll try and compile over the weekend.

And six weeks later :)

Remove Kreis Falkenburg back to Austria, mark Kreis Neustadt (OS) as to be decided (it will eventually be split).

Actually, can we take the minerals distribution off, sorry about this, but it's actually quite a lot more complex than it looks due to the presence of lots of deposits that were mined out by 1900, but would still be significant in 1730/1980.

And six weeks later :)

Remove Kreis Falkenburg back to Austria, mark Kreis Neustadt (OS) as to be decided (it will eventually be split).

Actually, can we take the minerals distribution off, sorry about this, but it's actually quite a lot more complex than it looks due to the presence of lots of deposits that were mined out by 1900, but would still be significant in 1730/1980.

No problem on all fronts.

Back