• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Spin On or Spin Off

While I can't quite put how into words, this reminds me of the discussion about why more people do AH of Westeros on Ah.com than other fictional worlds (I think @zaffre was involved?) and how it having more long-term (if that's the right phrase) and wider-ranging world-building is part of that and that in turn in part being down to having rather more POVs.
I suppose spinoffs (if done well) are both the product and a cause of multiple POVs and more extensive world-building, in what can hopefully be a virtuous circle.
Also I should get round to buying Six East End Boys next time I'm buying ebooks for myself.

*Glances nervously at giant list of potential Broken Lance spin-offs and the fact that I've only managed to crank out one and a half of them with three months of free time*

While I can't quite put how into words, this reminds me of the discussion about why more people do AH of Westeros on Ah.com than other fictional worlds (I think @zaffre was involved?) and how it having more long-term (if that's the right phrase) and wider-ranging world-building is part of that and that in turn in part being down to having rather more POVs.
I suppose spinoffs (if done well) are both the product and a cause of multiple POVs and more extensive world-building, in what can hopefully be a virtuous circle.
The fact that ASOIAF's plot is basically an escalating series of butterflies probably helps as well.

Back