• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

The baby-faced social conservative from Louisiana was, it seemed, a bit of a flake – he’d only passed a single bill in the state legislature, and his voting record in the US Senate was abysmal. Most damningly of all, he was not a natural blonde. It was classic Atwater, making a mountain out of a molehill, but Duke’s dark roots may have made the difference in the close contest.
Amazing.

WHAT A TWIST
flash-gordon.png

This personal list trend is just a way for people to politically come out now isn’t it
I don't think I've ever really hidden how much I like Brown, tbh.

Although it does rather make clear why I'm a yellow bastard and not in the reds.
And yeah @moth wtf is with the latest Labour government?
B R O W N ' S
A
C
K

Is Laurie Penny proscribed these days?

I've just realised she's very well meaning but rather well, tremendous. as the kids say these days.

When I met her she was

As questionable as her Milo piece was I do like some of her more person gonzo-esque pieces. Her book on Austerity and racism in Greece with Ralph Steadman esque drawings by Molly Crabapple was really good and she went "undercover" at a young Tory thing way back in 2009ish that I found very entertaining.

Also I've added defeated parties to my personal politics list

Last edited:
It is a useful way of finding out how many people on here used to be fascist, at least. Not that I have any problematic former political opinions about another mustachioed continental despot, no siree, pay no attention to the Holodomor behind the curtain.

write the list, rat boy

My weird/ideal list of Spanish Prime Ministers

2008-2014: Rosa Díez (UPyD)
Bonus 2014 (European election): Democraten 66
2014-2017: Albert Rivera (Ciudadanos)
2015 (PSOE-Cs-Podemos coalition) def. Mariano Rajoy (PP)
(PSOE-Cs-Podemos coalition) def. Mariano Rajoy (PP)
2017-0000: Pedro Sánchez (PSOE)

In 2015 and 2016 I wanted a grand anti-PP coalition, provided PSOE or Cs supplied the Prime Minister, but I did vote for Ciudadanos. I'll probably vote PSOE in the next elections. Next European elections time I will be in Sweden, so I don't know whether I would vote Cs (for ALDE mostly), PSOE or for the Swedish Centre or Liberal parties.

(OOC observation: Yes, I'm a moderate radical centrist slash beautiful progressive, so sue me)

It is a useful way of finding out how many people on here used to be fascist, at least. Not that I have any problematic former political opinions about another mustachioed continental despot, no siree, pay no attention to the Holodomor behind the curtain.
Join me in the Worker's Patriotic Union for Veterans of Teenage Marxism-Leninism.

write the list, rat boy
259124.gif

based on something a colleague of mum's said before the election last year

The Worst Option Except All The Others

2010-2013: Digby Jones, Baron Jones of Birmingham
2010 (Grand Coalition of Labour and Conservatives) def. Nick Clegg (Liberal Democrat), Gordon Brown (Labour), David Cameron (Conservative), Peter Robinson (Democratic Unionist), Alex Salmond (Scottish National), Gerry Adams (Sinn Fein)
2013 EU Referendum,
LEAVE def. REMAIN
2013-2023: Nick Clegg (Liberal Democrat)
2013 (Majority) def. Digby Jones (Hard Brexit Coalition - Conservatives, UKIP, DUP, 'Labour Leave'), Alex Salmond (Scottish National), John McDonnell (Left), Chuka Umunna ('Labour In'), Gerry Adams (Sinn Fein)
2015 Brexit Deal Referendum, DEAL def. REMAIN, NO DEAL
2016 Scottish Independence Referendum, NO def. YES
2018 (Majority) def. Digby Jones (Patriotic Alliance), Katy Clark (Labour), Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish National), Anna Soubry (Centrist), Gerry Adams (Sinn Fein)

Last edited:
No joke, I would pay money to see this.

They could bond over their contempt for the white working class, lol

(Actually, that could make some sense as the theme of an emergency government after a fascist regime that had broad popular support... maybe there's a story there.)

All true (minus the AH part about being in the Senate). I figured there was no real way to fit Duke with his OTL history with the rest of the list, so perhaps here he stays on the respectable/establishment wing of white supremacy and hides his views in public - as I'm sure many Southern Democrats did at the time.

Mateship on the Ship of State

1979-1985: Margaret Thatcher (Conservative)
def. 1979 (Majority): James Callaghan (Labour), David Steel (Liberal)
def. 1982 (Majority): Michael Foot (Labour), David Steel--Roy Jenkins (Liberal--SDP Alliance)

1985-1988: Neil Kinnock (Labour)
def. 1985 (Liberal Coalition): Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), David Steel--David Owen (Liberal--SDP Alliance)
1988-1991: Michael Heseltine (Conservative)
def. 1988 (SDP Coalition): Neil Kinnock (Labour), David Steel (Liberal), David Owen (SDP)
1991-1994: John Smith (Labour)
def. 1991 (Liberal Coalition): Michael Heseltine (Conservative), Menzies Campbell (Liberal), David Owen (SDP)
def. 1994 (Majority): Menzies Campbell (Liberal), Michael Heseltine (Conservative), John Cartwright (SDP)
1994-2001: Gordon Brown (Labour)
def. 1997 (Majority): Michael Portillo (Conservative & Social Democrats), Menzies Campbell (Liberal)
def. 2000 (Majority): David Davis (Conservative & Social Democrats), Simon Hughes (New Liberal)

2001-2005: Margaret Beckett (Labour)
def. 2003 (Majority): David Davis (Conservative & Social Democrats), Simon Hughes (New Liberal)
2005-2015: Alistair Darling (Labour)
def. 2006 (Majority): David Davis (Conservative & Social Democrats), Simon Hughes (New Liberal)
def. 2012 (Majority): Murdo Frasier (Conservative & Social Democrats), Vince Cable (New Liberal)
2015-2018: Sebastian Coe (Conservative & Social Democrats)
def. 2015 (Majority): Alistair Darling (Labour), Caucus (Nationalist-Green Alliance), Vince Cable (New Liberal)
2018-present: Ruth Davidson (Labour)
def. 2018 (Minority with supply/confidence of N.G.A. and Liberal): Sebastian Coe (Conservative & Social Democrats), Caucus (Nationalist-Green Alliance), Steve Webb (New Liberal)

I'm guessing there's claimants a plenty there.
It'd probably go anti-dynastic as in Lombard Italy in the best case for some times, Gothic Spain worst case. But more balkanized.
Note that the prime issue is to find enough candidate names for the period, most of nobles families in the VIIIth were put there by Carolingians.

Back